Tuesday 20 March 2007

My Not So Exciting Life in BrisVegas...

I've had a few enquiries over the last week or so as to what's happened to my blog! Well, I can tell you that I started back at work last Monday to a few surprises... seems there were a few resignations in our department while I was away. Just what I need - more recruitment!! I also ended my holiday with a bit of an injury.... cellulitis in my ankle. Just glad that it wasn't on the way over! So, after getting home on Friday I was banned to the couch for the weekend, and unable to play in our netball grand final last Saturday. The team did really well, but as can be expected with a player down in the final - we lost :-( There's always next season!

So I've been taking it easy over the last week, resting up so my ankle can mend. The Lions made the final of the pre-season NAB cup against Carlton on the weekend. It was the long awaited return of Jonathan Brown, however, it wasn't to be the Lions night as Carlton ran away with it in the 3rd quarter. Still, a good showing for the Lions in pre-season with plenty of new stars.

Sunday saw the launch of the newest NRL team - the Gold Coast Titans. So Pat, Meg, Liz and I ventured out to a pretty packed Suncorp Stadium to watch them take on St-George Dragons. A lovely sunny Sunday afternoon, it was a good match to watch - the Titans did well but pulled up 2 points short with the Dragons claiming victory 20 - 18.


So that's an update on my first lesser exciting weeks back in Aus.... now the count down is on to America!

No comments: